There isn't much to say about this prototype. Comparing it to the final binary, a large portion of the prototype differed. However, I found that the majority of it was fixed offset. After doing some tests, the parts of ROM image that are different (subtracting off the offset), seem to be related to how the sound engine and levels are loaded. There doesn't appear to be any visual differences in the game, and I didn't notice any differences in the level design.
There is another "beta" of Bubsy that is floating around the Internet (CRC32: 3F3A7180). This dump originates from the BBS group "Premiere" in March, 1993. It only has 23 bytes different from the final version of the game. As with the other prototype, it is likely that they were minor bugfixes on the game engine, rather than visible changes.
|© Evan G. This site made by a Canadian, and fueled by beer. Do not use material on this site without permission.|